Please review the LIJSL Hall of Fame Guidelines below:
1. The League’s Hall of Fame committee is presently accepting nominations for the 2022 induction class to the LIJSL Hall of Fame. All applications for induction must be e-mailed to LIJSL Communications and received by no later than December 17, 2021.
2. Induction into the Hall of Fame is extended to those individuals who have made significant contributions to youth soccer on Long Island, either as members of the league on an active basis, or for past service to our organization and to youth soccer.
3. Candidates will merit induction based on several criteria, including but not limited to length of service, long-term significant contributions, or exceptional service in the promotion of youth soccer.
4. Acceptable applications should include a biography of the candidate with description and length of service to youth soccer. Biography must be e-mailed to LIJSL Communications. Nominations may be made by any member club, any individual involved with a member club, any current Hall of Fame member, or by the LIJSL Board of Directors (board members cannot nominate active fellow board members).
5. Candidate names previously submitted for consideration to the Hall of Fame will be kept on file for two years. After that time, a candidate must be resubmitted for consideration.
6. Selected nominees will be advised of their selection in the early part of 2022, with a formal induction ceremony to be held in the spring.